Here are some misconceptions & facts about MHS Band Booster Activities
- There is nothing I'm able to do. Wrong! There are many, many jobs. Big and small. Early and late. Skilled and unskilled.
- It's not important if I volunteer. Wrong! We are a volunteer organization. Without volunteers, we're nothing.
- I'm not available for games or competitions, so I can't help. Wrong! I'm sorry you can't see your child perform, but there are many things that need your help so the performance is the best it can be.
- I work during days/nights/weekends/holidays, so I can't help. Wrong! There are even lots of jobs you could do from home in your fuzzy slippers at 3am.
- Someone else will do it. Wrong! There are many jobs that are neglected in favor of the barest necessities because the same volunteers do everything. No more can or will be asked of them.
- I've paid my fees, I don't need to do anything else. Couldn't be more wrong! Your fee is very low because we volunteer, fund raise, petition grants, seek donations. Imagine what we could accomplish with a contribution from everyone!
- I don't know how to get started or who to ask. Couldn't be easier. Ask anyone, absolutely anyone, with a show shirt, band shirt, or just hanging around the band and they will point you in the right direction. Write or call me and I'll find something that works for you.
- I want to volunteer, but I feel like it's too late. WRONG! It doesn't matter if your student is a Freshman or a Senior. It's never too late and it's never unappreciated.
I'm a big believer in these programs at MHS and the impact they've had on this group of students. It's why I ran for president. It's also why I'm asking you, all of you, to jump in with both feet. Otherwise, you are missing the wonderful experience of watching why your kids are working so hard. And the results of that dedication.
To volunteer for just about anything we participate in, please click on this link to the new Volunteer Page for more information about the sign-up process and available events. The Volunteer page is also available from the home page by clicking on the Volunteer button in the menu or next to Calendar.
The Band and arts programs need the time, energy and enthusiasm of all it's participants to make the magic happen.
If you have any questions about volunteering, please see Andy Marek or any of the Boosters, or write to MHSBandBooster@gmail.com.